10 Apr Free ideas to find a house for rent
“I need to find an apartment to rent now”. “I can’t find anything reasonable to rent”. “My friends are looking for a house to rent”.
I’ve been hearing this quite a lot lately, sometimes by pure chance, others because people know that this is what I do. Indeed, it is not easy to find the ideal house or apartment in Madrid.
When we make the decision (or the circumstances force us to do so), we define what would be our perfect apartment in terms of size, distribution, location and price. I search in real estate portals and I don’t find anything. What’s going on? Without a doubt, some of the parameters are poorly defined, probably the budget.
Yes, prices have gone up and there are neighbourhoods that seem very expensive, but that’s the way, it is not chance, the demand exists as well as people willing to pay the price. Why do we all want to live in the same areas of the city centre?
- First advice, let’s open the search circle. There are well-connected neighbourhoods, with modern houses, bright apartments and a pleasant neighbourhood.
- Second advice. There is not only one real estate portal, there are several, some specialized in rentals. Dedicate some time to the search, with patience and good search criteria.
- Third advice. Social networks, specifically some groups, can be very useful to spread your search.
- Fourth advice. Do I really need a furnished apartment? Maybe it’s a good option to look an empty one and furnish the basics.
If I already have selected one, these are some of the questions I should ask before committing and signing the contract.
- Is the rent negotiable?
- How much is the estimated consumption of supplies?
- What are the conditions of deposit and guarantee?
- Who pays for repairs and taxes?
- What documentation must I submit?
At the time of the visit, here are some useful tips:
- Be punctual, better still, get there early.
- Open water-taps, windows, blinds, cabinets, check that everything works.
- Ask about next-door neighbours.
- Request an inventory.
- If you like it, decide fast. If it is a good apartment, it will not last long.
And, if all this seems a lot, before you start contact with a Real Estate Shopper. With a buyer’s agent, you will save time and money, avoid disappointment, solve conflicts, negotiate for you and you will have access to the entire market offer.
Don’t hesitate, the most professional way to find your home or office is to do it with a Real Estate Personal Shopper.