09 Nov Tips for adding value to your house for sale
We know that selling your house is not going to be an easy task. A lot of competition, market prices, we are still coming out of a crisis, etc … everything is important when it comes to selling a property, and that is why we must have an ace up our sleeve to sell it before anyone else.
How do you manage to sell a house faster than others? Well, very simply, using a series of pre-sale reforms to leave the house spectacular and be able to impress future buyers at first sight.
Basically, what we call “love at first sight” but with a home.
That is why, here are 8 reforms, from less to more investment, with which to increase the value of your home and sell it.
8 things you can do to add value to your house if you want to sell it
here are some of the reforms that will help add value to your current home and increase its market value. Specialists in housing agree that, with the appropriate changes, we will be able to sell the house better.
- Painting walls. The first reform is painting. Although it seems very simple, the truth is that a good coat of paint, choosing the right colors, can radically change the appearance of a house in a moment. For example, light colours will give the rooms a feeling of spaciousness against dark tones.
- Add space in some rooms. If we have the problem that certain rooms of the house are very small, we can always gain a few meters by changing conventional cabinets for other built-ins or if we have balconies or terraces, by closing them. More metres, more space.
- Change the floors. If our floor is outdated and very worn out, we can invest in partially or totally changing it. It will be an aspect that will attract considerably more customers.
- Home Staging. A concept that is revolutionizing the ‘modus operandi’ of decorators and interior designers. It is a set of techniques to highlight the beauty of the house and make the sale faster. You can learn the most important aspects and apply them in your home.
- Renovate the bathroom. This room of the house, together with the kitchen, needs to be seen neat and clean. This can be achieved by changing what is damaged by time or use.
- Kitchen. The same as with the bathroom, we usually spend a lot of time in the kitchen. this is a room with a lot of use and, consequently, a lot of wear. Reform it, and you will be able to sell your house more quickly.
- Distribution. If you do not like something, change it. Even if you are not going to live in that house anymore, if you think that the distribution is not the best one to live in, change what you consider fitting.
- Heat pump and solar panels. Invest in future savings, in addition to selling 20% faster. These two facilities require an initial disbursement that, in a short time, will revert into benefits.